Followers

Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Cigar Box Altered with Masculine Touch

Hello Everyone

Antoinette here sharing this cigar box I altered for my adult Son. I bought a few cigar boxes from my local liquor store for 35cents each...what a great buy. I use some of them as storage boxes.

The hardest part was measuring the sides and cutting.
 






I edged the cut pieces with a black marker to give a cleaner edge. 
I  put some Washi Tape on the black strips on put on each side.
I let my Son pick the paper...giving him four design papers to chose from. He is a minimalist so I knew I was going to have to stay simple but classy knowing it was something he would use everyday throwing his pocket change in .

I put black paper in front with a keyhole from Spare Parts by Paper Studios.
I placed the two chipboard Antique Car dies from Estate Collections by 3 Birds.
What encouraged me to make this for my Son was I had altered a cigar box that was his Dads when he was living.  My Son loved what I did with it as I converted it to be for me giving it a crackle effect, adding pearls, buttons, bling.  It became new special keepsake. You can take a look at it on this Post on my Blog. Hope you check it out for the awesome crackle formula I used with Elmer's glue.
++++++++++++
Please come visit me at 'Twist of Faith" Card Challenge for each weeks challenge where I am blessed to be on the Design Team. There are some great prizes by wonderful whimsical Artist.

Until next time this Shabby Chic Grannie is out.

No comments: